Tuesday, September 28

LONG TIME NO BLOG

It's been a very long time since I blogged. Wonder if I have anything interesting to say? I have been on a roller coaster lately with some health issues. I am still working for Vanderbilt Medical Group. I love my family, of course that hasn't EVER changed. So many situations in my life that only God could straighten out. I know I can't. The season changes these past few days have been absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. I LOVE THIS TIME OF THE YEAR, however with that being said, it also brings my most difficult days. The days getting shorter and the earlier darkness really affects me profoundly. I had no idea till I started keeping track of the pattern over the years. The actual lack of sunshine affects me, I know it's crazy, but true nonetheless. Ask my 30 year friendships. Anywho, I have some mixed memories this time of the year too. Some great family memories, some very, very sad ones too. The holidays are quickly upon us and I love, love being with my grandchildren. Yet there is a very big part of my heart missing at all times that brings some really strong emotions this time of year. PLEASE remember me and my family in your prayers. I know this is all over the place, didn't feel like separating each thought into it's own paragraph. Yeah, I know, LAZY! This coming up weekend is Family Retreat in Murfreesboro and I am so thankful for the inspiration that God has given me. Even though my family is broken, I STILL LOVE FAMILY related activities. Strong families make for a strong church, a strong community, a strong nation and I still believe this with all my heart! The next weekend Lance, Erika, Kailee and Maddie are coming to visit and we have some exciting plans made. I love memories with my family. With the health issues I am chronically facing these days, I know they will shorten my life and my quality of life, so while I have both I don't want to miss a second. I also want to leave this world with the only peace I have ever known JESUS!

Tears in my eyes as I listen to the song by Michael Buble " I want to come home"....O Lord how much I want my home restored!

No comments: